When all else fails..."SUGAR COAT IT!"

Thursday, December 30, 2010

All Tied Up

I love the opportunity to bring new life to old items and while exploring www.freekidscrafts.com (See my "sites I cannot live without" section and click on "Lots of Simple Kids Crafts" to link there straight from this blog.) I found a tie t-shirt.  Ever seen the no-sew tie blankets? It's those only with a t-shirt! So much fun!! I had just finished making 6 tie blankets for Christmas presents and was a little tired of the process, but this looked too intriguing and I am always up for a new item in my wardrobe.  I won't bore you w/ the entire process. If you are interested you can check out this link: Recycled Knotted Tee Shirt


The one thing I will say is make sure the t-shirt you use is really big on you.  I used a t-shirt that was 1-2 sizes too big and it's almost a little too snug for my taste, but it's still unique and something I will use.  I am interested to try this on a woman's size shirt and use it as a swimsuit cover up for my girls this upcoming summer.  I'm also going to scan the thrift store racks for an XXXXXXXL sized men's tee to turn into a swimsuit cover for me. Okay maybe not that many X's but you get the idea.  Here are the pictures of the finished product. My prototype if you will. I have some things I want to tweak for my next one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment