When all else fails..."SUGAR COAT IT!"

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Perfect Winter Appetizer




A dear friend of mine recently mentioned that she loved Family Fun magazine when her kids were younger. (Her baby will be 16 soon.) She sent me the link to their website and I have been browsing it ever since. New Years Eve I was preparing for a trip to my husband's Aunt and Uncle's house in Springfield for his side of the family's holiday gathering.  I wasn't planning on taking any food since it was going to be a 3 1/2 hour drive w/ two toddlers, but when I saw this it was too good not to take.  The recipe and assembly is fun and simple and it tastes good to boot.  :)

16 oz cream cheese softened to room temp.
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder

1.)Take 2/3 of Mix and roll into ball for body of snowman
2.)Take all but a small dab* of the rest of the mix and form the head
3.)Mold the head and body together
4.)Decorate (I used raisins for the eyes, mouth, and buttons, a carrot for the nose and carrot shavings to make the scarf, pretzel sticks for the arms and two different sized circle snack crackers for the hat.)
 *Use the small dab that you saved to "glue" the layers of the snowman's hat together. One little smidge of the cheese mixture btwn each cracker. If you have any extra after gluing you can use it as a snowball for the top of the hat. I did but it didn't survive transport :P

5.) Refrigerate to help the mold set

6.) ENJOY!!!!

This is how I did it. As I mentioned Family Fun is where I got the original idea. If you are interested in checking out the original recipe here is the link I used. Family Fun: Frosty the Cheese Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment